In anticipation of moving into Phase 2 here in Maryland, our upcoming services, which continue to be in a limited capacity, we want to share the following information you in order for you to be prepared and help with implementation of the following:
1. With social distancing restrictions, our sanctuary capacity will be limited to 120 people per service. This will be on a first come/first serve basis.
2. We will be holding our two regular services at 9am and 11am. (Going by the alphabet will not be in use.)
a. As of June 7, every person attending service must sit six feet apart BUT
families may now sit together. (Social
Distancing will still be maintained between every family unit.) A “family” is designated as living together
in the same home and arriving together at CCF in the same vehicle.
Ages six and above: May come into the sanctuary for service.
Ages five and under:
Are not recommended to come into the sanctuary but that will be left up
to the discretion of the parents. (Please
remember that Children’s Ministry for this age is still not meeting nor will
the quiet room in the sanctuary or the nursing area be available.)
(Chesapeake Kids and Chesapeake Students continue not to meet
at this time.)
c. Families will be seated in either the far-right section or the far-left
section of the sanctuary.
d. Adult couples: We will ask that you continue to sit
separately for social distancing as this will allow us to seat as many people in
the sanctuary as health protocols will allow.
3. Upon arriving at Chesapeake Christian Fellowship:
a. You will not be allowed to enter the building until 30 minutes before the start of each service.
b. A waiting line with the appropriate six foot social-distancing requirement will be established outside the
front door. Upon entering and exiting the building, no congregating will be permitted.
4. Upon entering the building:
a. Bring your face mask as it is required to wear at all times.
b. Your temperature will be taken. Those with a temperature of 100.4 or above will not be allowed entrance.
c. Hand sanitizer stations will be available upon entering and exiting.
d. Bulletins, Bibles, and kleenex will not be available. You are welcome to bring your bible and notepaper.
e. Congregants will be escorted to their seats through the appropriate entrance doors. You will be directed where to sit. (The center sections will be filled first, fronts row to back rows.)
f. Water fountains will not be available (nor the coffee bar).
g. Bathrooms will be available but on a limited basis (only two at a time).
5. An offering will not be taken, but there will be an offering box upon leaving and online giving continues to be available.
6. At the completion of service, people will be dismissed by rows (back rows to front rows) towards the main
doors for exit. (Again, hand sanitizing station available.)
7. At the completion of each service, the sanctuary will be thoroughly cleansed and sanitized in accordance with CDC protocols.
Our 11am service will continue to be streamed.
You will be notified by email concerning any relaxing or tightening of protocols in the coming weeks.
Please note: It is your responsibility to ensure the health of your family. If someone is ill or is of compromised health, please be sure that they stay home. All of us helping one another will keep all of us safe and healthy.